Your Hands Help
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. Volunteers help Loaves & Fishes continue the mission of rescuing food and reducing hunger in Greenville County in tremendous ways. Thanks to volunteers, we rescue food from large and small organizations daily, 364 days per year.
In 2021, our volunteers increased our capacity by logging over 10,000 volunteer hours, in which they rescued over 1,000,000 pounds of food in Greenville County and assisted staff execute critical administrative duties. Thank you, friends.
Volunteers fall into one of three categories: rescue route volunteers, event committee members, or administrative/office support. Scroll down to learn about all of our volunteer opportunities and to determine if volunteering with us is a good fit for you.
- Donate food personally, or arrange a neighborhood food drive
- Pick-up and drop-off rescued food to partner agencies as a Loaves & Fishes rescue route volunteer
- Conduct deliveries one-at-a-time or chose a regular weekly route, flexibility is baked right in!
- Help us plan spectacular public events like Taste of the Upstate
We do not:
- Offer group volunteer opportunities
- Send out volunteers unprepared! in-person orientation is required and is held 2-3 times per month
- Accept unsupervised volunteers under 17
- Serve food insecure individuals or families directly
- Offer same-day or short-term volunteer opportunities